Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I'm a blogging virgin

Four o'clock in the afternoon, tuesday 27th of March 2006 and I'm blogging. I mean, seriously, I'm blogging for the first time. I'm like one of these people in the 90's that didn't get a cell phone before their friends started sending sms' to their home phone.
I've read bloggs, I admit that, and I support the concept, but I never really considered initiating one. It could be because I really didn't know how to or, more likely, because I'm never first on anything. I was first on one thing, one time. I discovered Alanis Morisette. I mean, not really off course, she was probably already discovered by a Canadian agent, half of USA and off course all of Sweden, but no-one i KNEW knew about her before I did. And I found her and bought her songs because I loved her CD cover (back in the days, when CD's was IT, and iPod uninvited, damn - I have to get myself an iPod). OK, thats how much of a music-freak I am, but you must admit her cover was pretty awesome on her "jagged little pill" album. Although, I'm not as slow with these things as my dad. He thinks Armageddon’s going to happen if he pays his flight-tickets online. Really, he screamed at me (and he's a calm man) for suggesting giving sterling his Visa code. He does not consider the internet to be of any use beyond researching and emailing. '
Anyways, so far we've established I'm a little late on the blogging scene and that I pick my favourite music from covers. And that I have a dad. What else? Wondering why I picked findthesource as my address? Wondering if I'm a Star-Wars fan who forgot that the quote is "remember the force, Luke"? No, that’s not it. I'm a huge movie-fan, and also a huge quotation-fan. This one's from an old Chinese saying: To find the source, you must travel upstream. A quote that I like for so many reasons. First of all, it makes the salmon a pretty intelligent creature. Secondly, it asks us not always to go "with the flow", but rather to counter it, to question it, and to create new paths. And for me, now, this blogg is a new path. A new start with an opportunity to broadcast my thoughts in a way I've never done before. I might not find a source (as the internet offers so many), but I definitely will try. And if you know of a source i need to visit or if you know of a quote i should read, let me know. I might not be the first to know it then, but experiencing something for the first time sure makes it almost indifferent if people saw it before you. The feeling is equally exhilarating. So, I might be blogger number 234 trillion. But its all new to me and just as cool for me know as it was for the first blogger ever. Anybody know who that was?

No comments: